Feedback

This forum is no longer monitored. Please get in touch via via https://www.overleaf.com/contact with feedback, feature requests, bug reports or questions about your LaTeX projects or Overleaf.

1. Add provision to share the project pdf only

It would be helpful if we can share the project pdf with others. No matter whatever the project type is (protected or not), if we can share the pdf through Overleaf, we will be able to share them in our website or somewhere else whenever needed. Right now we need to host the pdf somewhere else to share them with others.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Zotero urldate

When importing bib-file from zotero, the urldate format is yyyy-mm-ddTZ instead of yyyy-mm-dd. This causes "Invalid format '2014-09-06TZ' of date field 'urldate' - ignoring"-warnings with biblatex and makes it seemingly impossible to print accessed-dates of links

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. reuse the same folder of figures for multiple, related projects

We want to reuse our Figure Folder for a second project rather than uploading individual figs and wasting valuable storage space (and even more valuable time).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. You can include individual files from one project into another project by going to the project menu, Add Files, and then choosing File from other project, or Output of other project. However, sharing folders between projects isn’t supported yet. We’ll see what we can do to provide that kind of functionality.

4. Allow Mendeley Journal Name Abbreviations

Would it be possible to allow for journal name abbreviations from the Mendeley library to be used?

Currently, they only work via the desktop Mendeley application (by exporting a .bib file with abbreviations turned on) and not through the importing it via Overleaf. This would be a great feature if possible through the Mendeley API.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chat for discussion

I would love to have some kind of chatbox to discuss with my projectgroup what we are doing without changing anything in the tex file. You have this for example in Google Drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to set the name of the generated PDF file

Currently you can set the name of the project through the Settings button on the top right. It would also be great to have the ability to provide the name for a PDF file.

It would be fantastic to set the name of the pdf file that is generated with some special abilities (e.g., simple number versioning, appending a timestamp in a particular format to each pdf download etc.)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion — this is a good point. Like in native vim, you can use gj and gk on writeLaTeX to move one displayed line up or down, but there’s not yet a way to override j and k to do this, like you could in your vimrc file. If there’s enough interest, we can probably provide such an option.

8. hard wrap text in the editor

It would be nice if the editor would hard wrap the text after a (configurable) textwidth.

I usually edit text in vim in a terminal, but downloading a .tex file edited in writelatex has very long lines of text that I then have to reformat.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support cleveref in Rich Text mode

When using the cleveref package, one makes references using \Cref and \cref instead of \ref. When viewing the latex source using these references, they are not rendered like they are with \ref. I think, \cref (and \Cref) in Rich Text mode both can be treated like \ref.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Count words in selected text

Most journals limit the amount of words in certain parts, for example abstracts. So it would be nice to be able to count the number of words in a selections.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Shortcut to insert \item

A shortcut to quickly add '\item' at the beginning when create a new line, for example shift+enter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show section numbers in rich text mode.

Show the (sub)section number in the richt text mode, e.g.: \subesction{Title} would display as '2.1 Title'

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix: Keep directories open when refreshing Mendeley's .bib file

My .bib file is linked to my Mendeley account. Whenever I refresh the .bib file, all of the directories on the left-hand side of the project interface automatically close, and I'm redirected to my "main.tex" file where the .bib file is included.

I suggest that my folders remain open, and that I am not redirected from the document I'm currently editing at the time of pressing the refresh button. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Drag and drop graphics from computer directly into text

It would be a great function to add graphics to the text by just dragging them from the own computer to the text and dropping them directly to where they should be in the text. This would add them to the sidebar and add them directly into the text by adding \includegraphics at the right location.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide a developement roadmap

I see a lot of unfulfilled promises in this forum, things being "worked on" for more than 2 years.

Can you provide a development roadmap with dated milestones? This would help prospective customers to make an informed decisions as well as manage expectations for current subscribers.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Having an embedded image editor with simple tools.

I don't expect something like Gimp or Photoshop, only very simple operations such as resizing, cropping, rotation, etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. show image size beside its preview.

Overleaf support suggested to me that I should resize big images in order to make compilation faster. It would be easier if that information were shown beside each image preview.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. to work on performance and speed

I really like the setup and easy usability of overleaf, but after using it for a while, I will change to an offline editor, simply because I spend too much time waiting for the file to refresh (even on manual, without any graphics or data in the code).

I tried several locations and internet connections and it is definitely NOT my computer or internet connection.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. should not need to add capitalized word to dictionary when lowercase word is already added

When you add a word to the dictionary that starts with a capital letter, it is just correct that the lowercase version of the word is marked by the spell-checker, as it can be a proper noun.

But when you add a lowercase word to the dictionary, then the one starting with a capital letter should be accepted as correct, especially at sentence start. Currently it is not.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base