This forum is no longer monitored. Please use www.overleaf.com/contact to get in touch.

Allow syncing with Zotero group libraries

My collegue and I are loving Overleaf, but we'd like to keep a combined library for each paper/project we use (and we'd like to avoid having to share our full Zotero library (which also cleans up the autocomplete for references)). The best solution for this is to have a Group Library with Zotero, but we can't add any library .bib files except one of our full library.

Integrating Overleaf with Mendeley has this Group library feature, but Mendeley has some downsides which make using it painful.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ian Anthony shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminJohn Lees-Miller (Admin, writeLaTeX) responded  · 

Thanks for the feedback! Now that we’ve done this with Mendeley, Zotero is next in line (but there are other things we will need to finish first). In the mean time, the best workaround I can offer is to use Mendeley or Citeulike.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tony Ross-Hellauer commented  · 

+1 - this is a feature I would've expected. "Use mendeley" is not a workaround.

• Juanan Pereira commented  · 

Hi. I would like to know what technical problem has the Zotero API that is causing a delay of this proper integration of Overleaf and Zotero groups. Being Zotero an open source project, it should be fixable, shouldn't it? Thanks.

• Juanan Pereira commented  · 

C'mon guys, one year later and the integration with Zotero still lacks this basic feature. You are better than that...

• David Reitter commented  · 

Is this working yet? I can't seem to find a way to do this.

Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base