This forum is no longer monitored. Please use www.overleaf.com/contact to get in touch.

Paperpile integration

The process of getting a .bib file from Paperpile to writeLaTeX is currently a bit long-winded. It'd be great if automatic import could be added... though I expect this might require some work on Paperpile's end.

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris Sampson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nils Loewen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sank 8 hours into curating a bibtex library with some disallowed letters or symbol. After that, I abandoned Overleaf and went back go GDocs and Paperpile.

If Paperpile were somehow integrated I'd give it another shot because it is nice to have all formatting according to Journal guidelines (e.g. those miniscule requirements that copy editors always find like hard returns in tables or figure abbreviations - that is baked into a Latex template).

Apparently, Latex is terribly ineffective compared to even MSWord (which I don't use anymore): Knauff M, Nejasmic J. An efficiency comparison of document preparation systems used in academic research and development. PLoS One. 2014;9(12):e115069.

Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base